Sunday, March 04, 2007

ATTENTION: Flying fences reported on the 60 East on Friday morning.

I'm done. Done with driving that is. I'm sick of being in accidents. I guess I never really knocked on real wood when I always bragged about not being in any accidents. Friday I was minding my own business on the 60 freeway and some guard rail gate comes flying at me (after of course it flew out from underneath the big rig in front of me) and BAM! hit me straight in the front of my car. First thing out of my mouth was, "Darn it!" No lie. Never had a potty mouth on me. Than it was the tears. Not sad tears. Mad tears. I guess Tyler thought I was laughing and he was busting a gut in his carseat. Whatever works for him! I'm just so sick of this happening to me. I mean really, 4th time. First one was 12/05, second was 3/06, third was 9/06 now fourth one. Some of you might be thinking I don't pay attention, but they weren't my fault. I'm just a magnet for accidents I guess. The last 2 were 6 months apart. Does this mean I will be in one in 9/07? I hope not, that's when my baby will be here. Why am I worrying over this? This is stupid.

I am lucky though that it didn't hit my windshield, because that's where it was headed. And that for sure would have sent me to the ER! I can say it was the wind that made it go to the front instead of my windshield, but it was God. He's in control always. I'm not saying God let this gate thing hit me. He allowed it to happen. But he also protected me and I'm very thankful for him for that.

I need to wake up and smell the coffee. Is he trying to get my attention? This went through my head back in September when somebody rear ended me at a stoplight. I need to pray more. I really do. Maybe I need to pray more for safety. For me and my family. Or maybe God is just telling me to trade the Nissan in and get a bigger family car like the 2007 Dodge Nitro. Hmmm...I'll have to pray about it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad it didn't hit your windshield as well. Bummer. I don't think God is throwing fences at you, but I am glad you are praying more.

Jen and I think you all should stop by more often. It was fun.