Thursday, January 18, 2007

Shake and Bake!


So John had his first race of the year at Moran Raceway on Januray 6th. I kow I know I'm lagging on the time, but whatever I'm pregnant. So it was a nice fun filled day as always in Beaumont. The weather was chilly, but if you bundled up like me, you were A-okay! (Yes the beany was a must)

John had a brand new Arrow kart with a 125 shifter honda motor. Whew! It can reach top speeds of like 110mph. And if John ever reached that speed I would kill him! He gets pretty close though! Out of 31 in his class he started the 1st heat in 4th, ended it in 6th. John hasn't raced in a year, and had only had 1-1/2 days of practice on that kart. By the way, the kart was not even finished until the first of the year. So he really kicked butt and I'm proud of him. He did an awesome job!

I forgot how much I miss the races. The adreneline, the pitts, the porta-potties, the food kart, the exhaust fumes, the porta-potties...I love it all!

No comments: