Sunday, July 01, 2007

What a spontaneous day!

John is spontaneous. Sometimes not always a great thing. But today it was. We decided to head down where it was cooler and chill. Not knowing it would take an hour and a half to do so. Stupid traffic. We both remember back in the day when it use to take like 35-45 minutes...
We had fun. I was nervous on the other hand. I have this fear that a huge wave is gonna grab tyler and swallow him. John says it's my own personal fear, he's right. Tyler has been to the beach before when he was younger. It was funny, when the tide came in he would make sure to touch the water. And we all know when each tide comes in your feet kinda get stuck in the sand, tyler never wanted his feet out of the sand. We joked that he was gonna get bit by a sand crab. Me on the other hand since I'm a little out of porportion (big belly) I had to watch it when my feet sunk. I am surprised that I didn't eat it.
I had another fear, that water would get in his ears since he has tubes. I, being the overly protected mom brought his swimplugs "just in case". John said we wouldn't need them. Again, he was right. See, John is a "pro" he has had multiple tubes when he was young so "he knows". I just on the other hand work for a ear nose throat doctor that's all!






I know John would like his son to be at the beach more since he lived and surfed when he was younger and up until we moved back to riverside. But maybe it will happen. It probably will what am I saying.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awww i want to go and build sand castles!