Wednesday, July 11, 2007

sick-o!

So I went to Urgent care on Monday to find out for sure what I had. Because I knew it wasn't just a "cold". I was coughing up some nice green stuff. (Sorry for those with weak stomachs). So of course we wait for an hour. Get roomed, wait for 15 minutes. And BAM! This person who looked like a doctor, spun around me, said somethings, scibbled some things...and then he was gone. I was told I had bronchitis "kiddo". I looked at John and started laughing. He was perplexed to see why I was laughing. I said, "the doctor was in the room for like a mintue. He checked my ears, said good. He checked my thorat, said good. Listen to my chest and back, said bronchits." I asked the doctor about my ears, because I had a feeling that they were retracted or something. He said yeah your right. Then why didn't he tell me that, when he looked at them? Don't ask , don't tell rule I guess. He put me on Zithromax and said I can take Sudafed plain for the decongestant, and Robitussin DM name brand (does he have a deal with robitussin or something, because CVS brand seems fine with me and my wallet) for my coughing. I was so bummed. I only take a tylenol IF I have to. Now I have to take a antibiotic. I was not gonna do the sudafed thing cause it makes me jittery...and like robitussin works anyway.

So then I see my OB doctor on tuesday. She feels bad for me and tells me I need to rest. Because we don't want this to turn into pneumonia. HECK NO WE DON'T!! Then she noticed that my white blood cells were elevated from my pee test (sorry again, but important for the story line) and places me on Keflex for 7 days. She called me her little petri dish. How cute.

I am never sick, maybe a cold twice a year...maybe. Now I am on 2 antibiotics in my last 2 months of being pregnant. If you know me, you know I don't want to take anything. But I know if I don't, it will hurt Gavin. And that is not happening. So I suffer. Poor me. I know. I'm trying all these home therapies for headaches, congestion...just reading up on my pregnancy bible. What to expect when you are expecting. I guess I should have expected to get sick while I'm expecting!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i think Gavin is going to be the kid who never gets sick.