Thursday, July 05, 2007

4th of July

So John and I headed down to san clemente pier with Tyler to see the fireworks. Tyler is now obsessed with the beach. Park and Beach are words that need to be spelled out in our house now, or he will whine until no tomorrow to go there.

People thought we were gonna hit traffic, find no parking, but it wasn't a problem at all. It actually took us 40 minute with the toll road to head down there. And John knew of a great residential area that he used to go and check the surf when he lived in south oc. So we found a perfect parking spot and headed down to the sand. John asked if I could stand the walk down. It was a gradual steep hill with 3 sets of stairs. I said of course. It was they way up I knew would be fun! Twice. We went up and down twice. Why? I don't know.

We found a great place on the sand to watch the fireworks and Tyler enjoyed watching everyone shoot off illegal fireworks while we waited for the real show. He also love throwing the sand on the blanket (crunch crunch) which ended up in john's mouth and mine!

After it was over we headed up. It was pitch dark and everyone else was smart enough to bring flashlights. Us? We used our digital camera! I even accidentaly took a picture of my toes. Now that was a fun walk. I had to go up a little hill, down big huge rocks, over the train tracks, up big huge rocks and, whew I made it. With flip flops on too. Almost 8 months pregnant. Now we had the big walk up the gradually steep hill with 3 sets of stairs. That nice little adventure brought on some braxton hicks contractions, but hey it was and adventure!!

Anyhoo, here are some pictures...



Tyler was all over the place until the show started. Then he was like this for 40 minutes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

when you say "some people" you really mean me.

I just heard what the news said.

sorry. Burg and I wish we would have went.

Jaime said...

yup you are right...didn't want to call you out though! Ha!