Saturday, January 31, 2009

The Story: Part Two

So I saw my Endocrinologist on Friday, and my diagnosis is....Hyperthyroidism (HT) caused by Grave's Disease. I know, sounds pretty "deathly". I mean, didn't Dr. Grave have the decency to name it something that didn't sound like death?

Grave's Disease isn't as bad as it sounds. There are many causes of HT, Grave's is most common. Common symptom/sign is the protruding eyes...Mine aren't like this because the doc said we caught it in time.

So I have options....
1. Stay on medicine until my thyroid ges back to normal...(months? years?)
2. Do Radio Iodine Therapy...Hulk style
3. Surgery....bye bye thyroid

So, if I stay on medicine, I don't think it will control my Grave's Disease...but my thyroid. So then i would do the radio therapy or surgery. Most likely radio therapy, but have a goiter.


So wouldn't you think to get rid of it, I would have surgery? I'm confused and don't really want to think about it. Most of all, I will need to pray about what will be right for me in the long run. A lot to think about now. But I know God will lead me in the right way.

I am on medicine right now along with a blood pressure medicine since my heart rate is so high. But the blood pressure medicine is only temporary, but the thyroid medicine is permenant until I choose an option.

So pray for me. My symptoms are awful, some days I feel like jumping out of my skin and other days I'm tired and weak. My patience is so thin with my little kiddos and it sucks. People think it's not a big deal to have a thyroid problem since you look normal on the outside. But your thyroid controls so much in your body. Stuff that I didn't know until now.

I will keep all my bloggy blog friends updated, of course as i get them...


























No comments: