Tuesday, July 01, 2008

HIDA, HIDA, HIDA, Ho!

Below is what I had done today. It's called a HIDA scan. In non-medical terms, it basically shows if the liver, gallbladder and all those bile ducts work. First I was injected with radioactive "stuff" (I know cool, huh?) and then this machine takes pictures for an hour. So I was able to lay down for an hour...that was the only perk. I shut my eyes and just rested, it was nice...



Anyway, I don't know what the results are yet I will have to call my doctor in a few days to find out. I know this sounds crazy, but I hope they found something on this scan today. I have had an xray of my gallbladder, a ultrasound of my gallbladder, barium swallow, and now this. I do have pain in my stomach, I really do. I feel like these doctors are suspecting that I may be making these things up. But I'm not and really wish I was. It's an awful gnawing pain which brings nausea and vomiting with it. It seems like I have been having more attacks lately in the past 6 months. I just hope someone finds a answer for me.

6 comments:

Casey Angulo said...

Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

I wish all doctors were like Dr. House and then stuff would get fixed:)

Deb said...

I know this is an oldddddd post, but I'm getting a HIDA scan tomorrow and scared. Was the injection part really awful?

TheRightAMT said...

Did you ever find out what it was? I have been going through this for a year and have had the ultrasounds, xray, barrium and endoscopy and am having a HIDA scan tomorrow.

Unknown said...

I'm having a HIDA scan on Tuesday. Because of the UK's crappy healthcare system it's taken me 2 years of luving in pain to get this farπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘Ž I'm not looking forward to it and now feel so i'll. I should never have been left to get like this!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your post. I’m having a HIDA scan tomorrow and I am quite apprehensive and nervous about it. Your post did make me feel a bit more comfortable. Good luck to you.