Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Jesus moved

So I have been having these deep conversations with tyler who is 3 and becoming very curious about everything. I have been getting these, "why" questions and "who's that" questions a lot lately. But when it's time to go "night time" we read a book, pray to Jesus...you know the whole 9 yards. So I have been talking to tyler about Jesus and who he is. Being a 3 year old with an attention span of a fly. It takes a few talks for him to listen and actually learn what we're talking about. So Tyler now knows Jesus lives in his heart. And he loves him very much. He watches over him while he sleeps and protects him throughout the day.

Fast forward to this evening. I was asking him where Jesus lives. (You know throw him off a little since he wasn't in bed-I know sneaky!) He was watching Clifford the big red dog while snacking on some goldfish. The conversation goes like this...

Me: Hey tyler?
Tyler: (silence)
Me: Hey TYLER?
Tyler: (silence)
Me: HEY TYLER??
Tyler: (he makes contact with me...for 2 seconds)
Me: Hey Tyler? Where does Jesus live?
Tyler: In my crackers.
Me: Nice.

No comments: